Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Our new life

This week started our "new life". I went back to work teaching full time. It has been crazy but not as horrible as I thought it was going to be. I forgot how much I enjoy my job and how much I love teenagers! They are great! Being a teacher is such a blessing. But at the same time, I do miss Mitchell so much! He is all I have thought about for the past three months and it is a really strange feeling to go 20 or 30 minutes without thinking about him. I almost feel guilty when I realize that I have been teaching for 30 minutes and realize I haven't thought about Mitchell. One great thing about working is coming home to Mitchell. He gives me a huge smile and his eyes light up when I first see him. Working makes "mommy and Mitchell time" that much sweeter. However, the best part about the whole deal is that I know Mitchell is in good hands. He is with his daddy who is working.... or lets say "trying" to work from home. Stephen has amazed me the past few months. He is the greatest dad. He does everything for me and Mitchell. He keeps the house clean, washes the bottles, changes the Diaper Gennie, cooks us dinner... I could go on and on. Mitchell and I are truly blessed to have Stephen in our lives. I love my husband, I love my baby, I love my job. God has truly blessed me!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad your first week back has been better than you expected. Its great to know that not only do you get to have the fun of coming home to Mitchell, but you actually LIKE your job too! That just makes your day great all around. I am so happy for you. :)

Maggie said...

Cute pics... that one of Mitchell reading Go Dog GO is too funny! I hate that I can't call you all day now.

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Knowing that you're doing something totally unselfish and wonderful for your family will get you through those days where it's harder to leave him than others.

I'm glad it's better than you expected!

And that last pic of him is too funny!! He looks so surprised at that book :)

What a doll he is

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

KK! Okay, so I am very behind. I heard you were pregnant, but I didn't know he was here!! He couldn't be any cuter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How sweet is that face! Seems life is so good for you right now, and I am so excited for you. I have been wishing to be in touch with you for so long now, and kept hoping you would join MySpace (which I now know you hate)...so I am very glad to be connected via blogging. Hope to see you soon. Love, Elizabeth

jennifer said...

I am glad it is going so well! And it is so wonderful that Mitchell gets to stay with Stephen. I am sure that makes it a little bit better when you have to leave in the morning-to know he is being cared for by someone who is also so special to you!

Leslie said...

so so so cute. LOVE the pic of him in the mirror.

Kristen Ballard said...

I am so glad your first week has been good. I know it is not easy to leave him, but you really do need that time, it's good for you. And it is so much fun to come home to your boys!!

You are so lucky to be able to leave him with Stephen while you work. Mitchell is not having to adjust to anything different, and that is very important.

Good job, KK!!

Oh, and he is TOO cute. I love his eyes!