Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Bumble Bee

When I was pregnant with Mitchell, Maisy said I should name the baby Lady Bug if he was a girl or Bumble Bee if he was a boy. So Mitchell has always been our little bumble bee. Maggie gave us Weaver's bumble bee costume that he wore when he was five days old on Halloween. It didn't fit Mitchell by Halloween last year but we put it on him and took some pictures when he was first born. Since then it has hung in his closet. Mitchell was helping me clean out his closet and found it. He though it was a jacket and tried to put it on. Here is what he looked like in his Bumble Bee jacket. He thought it was hilarious!




Now for some baby news....

We are officially in count down mode. 28 days left! I went to the doctor today and everything looks great. She is huge almost 6 pounds already. Man, am I glad I am having a C-section! I have about 3 1/2 weeks of school left and I am still feeling great... just a little tired. My blood presure is perfect and I have only gained 17 pounds. I am cherishing every day I have with Mitchell and smothering him with love before his world is turned upside down. He has learned to say "Baby" but has no clue what is about to happen. We are working on Maggie Kate's room. I will post pictures when we are finished.

5 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

I'm so glad everything is still going well! I had so much fun being your doctor buddy the other day- I can't wait to see her. Is Oct. 3 still the date?
Mitchell will be fine. Your right, he has no idea what is going to happen, so that makes it easier on y'all!!
He looks so cute in the bumblebee "hat".

Haley said...

He is so cute! It is funny, boys will wear anything, even my 23 year old little boy! :)
Good luck with your last month. Thank for the update, I was wondering when Maggie Kate was due.

jennifer said...

Mitchell is too cute!!

I can't believe you only have 4 weeks. Glad your pregnancy has gone so great! Enjoy these last few weeks as a family of 3!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this little Bumble Bee! I am so happy all is going so well - we can't wait to Maggie Kate! (and watch Mitchell's reaction to her!)
Hugs!

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for you with the new baby. I'm sure that you will do great with two babies and that you will help Mitchell and Maggie Kate to love one another dearly. For months after my Katie was born, Hannah thought that Katie was her baby, not mine. So sweet.