Sunday, March 07, 2010

Australia Post 1

Katie and a Kangaroo!

This guy walked right up to me. To bad he wasn't attacted to me because I didn't get to see his feathers


A dingo- they walk them like dogs on leashes all over the wildlife center.
Me and a cockatoo



For those of you who do not know, I am in AUstralia with 29 teenagers. We aer on a Biology field trip to Cairns Asutralia for the next 7 days. SO everyone say a prayer for Stephen who graciouslyt stayed behind to take care of Mitchy and Maggie Kate- also ignore my typos I am in a hurry because I ahve to pay for internet.
We arrived to Australia this morning at 10:00 Sunday (Auzzie time) which is about 6:00 PM Saturday night your time. THe flight was long but not terrible. The seats were very comfrtable and we had 80 movies to choose from on our own TV. I watch New Moon twice, The Blindside, and Most of the Lovely Bones. We all have great looking cankles now becasue of the swelling from the plane ride. Right when we got to Australia- remember no has showered in at least 30 hours we hoped on our chartered bus and headed to the Cairns Wildlife Center. IT was amazing. It was very small but had the most amazing animals. THis is me and Pipper the Koala. He was so soft and he cuddle withyou like a baby. I cried a little lbecuase it made me miss Maggie Kate.
THen we went got to feed Kangaroos and hug them. Kangaroos are my favorite animal so this was a great treat for me. THey ate out of your hand adn were so cuddle, the would just come up to you and put their head in your lap. We then went to see the croccodile show where Steve Irwin wannabe showed us how they feed the crocs. I am going to try and post video but my connection is not great here. After we left the Wildlife Village we went to our hotels to take much needed showers. Then we loaded up to go to an AUstralian Grocergy store.. It was intresting to see the blend of american and Australian products. I did pick up a pack of Wiggles training nappies (AKA pull ups) for mitchell. He is going to be so excited because he still loves the wiggles so much. We had to go to the store because Auzzies dont like people to cook their breakfast when they are on Holiday so there is no breakfast at the hotel. We then went to eat dinner at a pizza place where the kids ate and ate. SO far my assessment on the food is that it is weird. I am not a fan so far. We shall see. So now we are back at the hotel I have slept 3 hours over the past 36 hours so as soon as curfew hits and I check rooms I am off to bed. Tomorrow we will be takinga day cruise to the Great Barrier Reef for a day of snorkling and diving for those who are certified. I will try and post the next 3 nights before we head to the outback to go camping where there will probably be no internet service. THanks for checking in, Family: I miss you more than words can say. See you tomorrow.






2 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good blog.

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad that you're having a good time!!! I'm sure when Maggie Kate is older, she will feel so embarassed that you went on a trip, and cried because an animal reminded you of her. Not a small child, but an animal. HA!

I can't wait to hear all your great stories!