Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tonight might have been my most adventuresome night in Australia. I ate seafood. Here I am about to eat my first octopus. It was very chewy but wasn't terrible. I also had calamari, shrimp-with the eyeballs, and mackerel. It was all pretty good. I haven't had much protein since I have been here because I think the beef is disgusting and the chicken is always served cold (HELLO-has anybody in Australia ever taken microbiology before, cold chicken! I would rather eat an octopus) Working backwards, we went to the rainforest before dinner and hiked a pretty tough trail and then we same in the water falls where there was a natural slide from the rocks. You would get in and the current would pull you down a little stream and down the huge rock slide. It was amazing! Me and my girls had so much fun trying to go down holding hands. Then earlier this morning we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was beautiful! The plants were amazing. I wasn't sure how we could top our experience at the reef but this was just as fun and so incredible to see the different ecosystems here. My students are behaving perfectly and having such a good time most of them are going to be at about 8:30 b/c we are moving so quickly through the day and it is SOOOOO hot. It is 92 degrees but the humidity makes it feel like 108. Tomorrow we are headed for the Outback! I am so excited about sleeping under the stars, I wish my dad could see the stars they are going to be amazing. I will not be able to get Internet for a few days until we are back in Cairns so this will be my last post till Thursday.


My plate of food and I ate every bite!

THese giant guys are everywhere!


This is where we went swimming.



Plants at the botanical gardens.




Ginger


Another type of ginger.







baby pineapple





















































2 comments:

Maggie said...

Has he'll frozen over? Do pigs now fly? Must be:
Katie ate seafood!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie said...

Couldn't bringyself to type (hell) so I went with he'll... :) love you.