Sunday, February 10, 2008

6 Months Old!

Mitchell is now 6 months old. He weighs 18.8 pounds and is 28.5 inches long. He is in the 60th percentile in weight and the 97th percentile in height. He is close to out growing his 6-9 clothes. I can't imagine him wearing 12 month clothes, it seems way too soon! Mitchell's doctor wanted us to wait until Mitchell was 6 months old to introduce baby food. He has had so many allergies that he said the longer we wait the less likely he will carry these allergies into his childhood. So he had us start with rice cereal, which Mitchell loves, and now this week we can start the good stuff. I think Mitchell is " thinking finally these people are feeding me something worth eating." He hated his Nutramigen and can tolerate his regular formula but he loves his squash! He would have eaten for hours if I had let him. He opens his moth like a little bird and bounces up and down in his high chair. When I take to long preparing the next bite he let's me know by screaming. He is so funny about it. I am glad he can finally enjoy eating. I think it is going to get better and better as he gets older and gets to try new things. Here are a few pictures of our little eater!









9 comments:

Maggie said...

he looks SO big i his high chair.
I can't wait to see him. I am holding him the whole weekend. In fact I was thinking we could swap kids for the weekend (except for bedtime) this will get you prepare for 2 crazy kids!!!!!

Leanne said...

That is so exciteing! I can't believe how big he is... it's only been a momnth since we saw you guys. He is growing fast. I can't wait for him to get mobile so he can come play with Savannah. Hugs and kisses to Mitchell.

stacey4 said...

What a little cutie!

Kristen Ballard said...

So precious!! It is great that he is doing so well with food. I just love his eyes and his expressions.

I don't have the Altamesa cookbook, maybe my mom does...

Hey, has anybody talked to you about a shower yet?? Since I got replaced last time, maybe we can do something this time? Let me know

Anonymous said...

SO I am way behind on my blogging and I have just read that you are pregnant! Congratulations! That is so exciting. Mitchell is as cute as ever.

Leslie said...

Isn't is so much fun? I am so excited that we have babies the same age. Although you are leaving me in the dust!

Anonymous said...

I think that I'm going to have a talk with Brinkley and tell her that Mitchell's going to pass her up in his eating skill pretty soon if she doesn't get with the program.

Looking forward to this weekend,

LATA!

jennifer said...

Thanks for calling me back! Isn't 6months a fun age? And it only keeps getting better!

Anonymous said...

update, dude! how about some video of the new tricks?

anxious Gamma