Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Update

My poor baby is not getting much blog time so this blog is devoted completely to Baby #2. This pregnancy has been soooo much easier. I have had very little sickness this time and have only been to the emergency room one time for abdominal pain (I had been to the hospital 4 times with Mitchell at this point.) We had a sonogram last week and the tech looked for about 5 minutes to see the gender. She had a guess but I am not going to share her guess because we will find out for sure in a couple of weeks. But here are the reasons I think I am having a girl followed by the reasons I think I am having a boy.
Girl Reason #1: My face is broken out-With Mitchell I had the most beautiful complexion. Not so much this time!
Girl Reason #2: I have not been as sick this time
Girl Reason #3: I cry all the time- this morning on the way to school I cried thinking about the thousands of kids chanting "Jonah-Jonah" at the end of Summer Spectacular last year. I just teared up again while writing this.
Girl Reason #4: I really think I am having a boy, with Mitchell I really thought I was having a girl so obviously my sixth sense about this is off.

Boy Reason #1: Every time I see him on a sonogram I think that the baby looks like a boy.
Boy Reason #2: I just think he is a boy but like I said in Girl Reason # 4- I am not so good at guessing.
Boy Reason #3: I have random red hairs on my head. I had this with Mitchell too.

So who knows it could go either way but I can't wait to see if the tech was right with her preliminary guess. I will be so happy with either a boy or a girl. Here are the reasons I want a girl followed by the reasons I want a boy. But like I said I really don't care.

Girl Reason #1: Hair Bows- I guarantee my daughter will be a bow head
Girl Reason #2: I have always assumed I would have a daughter and I think it would be weird if I didn't.
Girl Reason #3: I cherish my relationship with my mom and I would love to have daughter to be best friends with.
Girl Reason #4: Maggie gave me all of Maisy's really cute clothes- I have like three tubs full, I would hate for her to just have to sell them at Just Between Friends.
Girl Reason #5: My mother-in-law really wants a granddaughter and this is her last hope.
Girl Reason #6: Maisy wants me to have a girl even though I think she would be just as happy to be the only girl.

Boy Reason #1: Mitchell would have a brother
Boy Reason #2: It would be so easy to just get all of Mitchell's stuff back out
Boy Reason #3: I would love having all boys
Boy Reason #4: Think of all the football games!
Boy Reason #5: Boys love their mommies

I am now almost 18 weeks. I have abandoned all regular clothes and am back in my oh so familiar maternity clothes. I forgot how comfortable they are but I will be glad to give them away for good in 41/2 months. I can now feel the baby move when I am laying really still. I remember when I was pregnant with Mitchell I was so careful to guard my stomach and make sure nothing touched it. It is funny how different it is with this baby because Mitchell is constantly kicking me, climbing on me, or laying on me and there is not much I can do about it. I am just so grateful that God has blessed us again and I can not wait to meet this little person and for our family to be complete. I am trying to savor every minute of this pregnancy because I am fairly certain it will be my last. With Mitchell I was so worried about loosing him because we lost the baby before him and I had so many problems that I really was not able to just enjoy everyday of my pregnancy. Even though I am tired I would not trade these days for anything. I am also enjoying my time with Mitchell and can not wait for us to spend the summer together. Sorry there are no pictures this blog. I will have lots of new baby pictures in a couple of weeks.

12 comments:

The Keltners said...

Katie, I found yours and Maggie's blog a while back I just have not left a comment and I figured it was about time I do so. I am so happy to hear that you are having another little one and the pregnancy is going so well. Mitchell is as cute as can be!! Hope things are going well.

Maggie said...

I think its a boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the latest news. Y'all take care!

Chesley said...

I love that you have a blog! I can't wait to know what your baby is!
We should have fun this weekend. It will be fun getting to hang out at the Ranch.

Kristen Ballard said...

What a great post. It will be great either way, as you just laid out in your post. I can't believe you are already 18 weeks! And I am so glad everything has been healthier this time.
Are y'all going to the picnic tomorrow?

Lailah Morris said...

so glad you found me and i found you! congratulations on baby #2! I will be in fort worth on the 8th - 14th, i hope i can catch up with you!!!

jennifer said...

You've really thought this out!! :) Having 2 boys will be great and having one of each is wonderful too! Glad you are enjoying this pregnancy and staying well!

Becca said...

Katie, it is so great to see you. Your little boy is so precious! Congrats on your next little one as well. I hope you guys are doing well.

Unknown said...

I think it is a girl! I don't know why...just a hunch!
hugs!

Mindy said...

Hey Katie! I'm glad you found me! Congrats on baby #2. Mitchell is such a cutie! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a girl - they are so much fun!

Haley said...

I think it will be a girl. I can just picture you having a little girl with the big bows like you mentioned!
If/ when I have a girl (not for a very long time!) she too will wear big bows!